Thursday 22 November 2012

Green Energy Information

parliamentary information office: But you must remember we are saving the world. The fact that very few view countries believe this rubbish doesn't matter. It's like being in a huge hall with hundreds enjoying a smoke and one person called Britain decides to save everyone in the hall by stopping smoking, and he thinks he's right and everyone else is wrong.


parliamentary information office: Where's the democracy in all this? If I want to save a polar bear, I can give to the WWF, if I choose.


The point is that I have a choice whether or not to give to a charity. It is entirely voluntary. If I don't want to save a polar bear, I don't give to the WWF, as simple as that.


In this case, I have absolutely no choice. The government has said: you will be forced to pay to insulate other people's properties. You will do this to save the planet.


Where is the democracy in that? I don't believe for one moment that adding some loft, or cavity wall, insulation is going to save the planet, do you? However, there are other people that do believe in this stuff.


The solution is to make it voluntary, as with the polar bears. The people that want to save polar bears will be the people that will want to give generously towards this scheme.



Latest news updates at parliamentary information office.

No comments:

Post a Comment